Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 16_Quick Update!

Look what Spencer and I (okay, mostly Spencer) did this weekend! I finally feel like this baby thing is beginning to come together. Okay, so there's no mattress and we don't own any diapers, but a new piece of furniture is a big step for us.


We also started a registry at www.amazingregistry.com/babyshell. I'm super excited that I can register through many different websites and stores and it all appears in one place- this site! This way I can remember what Spencer and I need to get before the baby comes. My memory has been a bit absent recently; I'll be in the middle of a sentence and start forgetting basic words! Plus, we can save money using Amazon.com! Hooray! I hear children are expensive although I find this hard to believe since I've barely cost my parents a dime! :) Spencer is already planning Baby Henry/Andrew/Cooper/Alan/Mac's college fund! Oh, and I guess we should mention that each week we are trying out a new name and hopefully one will stick. If you have suggestions just let us know. Last week Spencer wanted to try out Baby "Mealticket" Shell and was just hoping he would end up playing in the NFL or finding a cure for cancer. Spencer thinks that if we can mooch off of our child when we're older then it won't matter if our 401ks are going downhill. Oh I hope Spencer is really ready for this child! I'll admit though he's been pretty excited to participate in the shopping and putting together of stuff for the baby. I've been very impressed and a tad surprised, but I've especially enjoyed him talking to our in-utero son! Cheers to Spencer, another true blessing in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Addition name suggestions...

    Cameron
    Christopher
    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom has always wanted a Daniel... I do however like ALL of Catherine's ideas.

    ReplyDelete