Today we registered at Babies R Us. We hadn't planned on doing it this early, but we were out looking for a crib and couldn't remember which one we liked so we thought we'd add it to a registry so we could order it when we got home.
Registering for a wedding went like this: "Hey, we need plates. Let's get these. These look nice." "We need a comforter. I like this one. Let's get this one." THE END.
Registering for a baby went like this: "We need...um...what do we need?" "Maybe we need a bottle. Let's look at bottles." Then we head to the WALL OF BOTTLES with more options and name brands than a new car. "Okay, what about diapers? Here are some...and some more...and some more..." I think both of our heads were spinning by the end and honestly we have no idea what we registered for and if what we registered for will be of any use to us. In fact, I got home and looked at our registry and was surprised to see that Spencer got a little carried away with the registry gun. He registered for things I had no idea about! The funny thing is he is color blind so he couldn't tell that some of the things he picked out were pink! HA! If we have a boy we may have a very confused little boy.
So we have picked out the crib and changing table and glider that we like. It's on our registry, but we're planning on getting it. Again, we just couldn't remember the name brand between seeing it at the store and getting home. Below is what it looks like:


We got it in Cherry just like the picture and the glider is in cherry too. I haven't seen Spencer put so much thought into anything like he did with picking a glider. You'd think he was planning on breast feeding in that thing every night! Hmmm...if only I could arrange that.
Below is what I look like right now. I know, it sounds snotty to think anyone would care what I look like, but I figure if strangers like to touch pregnant women's bellies, then maybe family and friends would at least like to look at it. My boobs have gotten huge and in this picture I'm not sucking in. I'm not actually showing as much as this picture makes it look. I had just eaten a big meal. :)
Oh, we also went to the Doctor again this week as said in a previous post. Well, here are the pictures:

I think it pretty much looks like a little kid. And to answer some questions I've gotten recently:
No, I can't feel him/her kick yet.
No, we don't know the gender yet.
No, I'm not in maternity clothes yet as I don't "look" pregnant...just fat.
Yes, I can still wear some of my regular clothes.
Yes, I know I'm supposed to be eating healthy...please stop reminding me.
And Yes, I will eat that cinnamon bun anyway.
So that's about it for now. I'm beginning to get hormonal which is not fair to Spencer, but he's handling it well. He now refers to our house as the "Ice Box" and I'm not sure if it's because of the temperature I keep the thermostat on or my mood. Ha! We're ready for Month 4 and so far are enjoying the Second Trimester! Hooray!




No comments:
Post a Comment