Friday, May 22, 2009

Week 16_First Flutters and Shopping!

Hooray! So today I think I felt my first "flutters"! It kinda felt like someone was inside of me scratching at inside of the stomach. It was a pretty neat feeling and I even called Spencer at work to tell him about it. I'll be excited when Spencer can feel the baby kick too. I told him if he really wanted to be a part of this experience that I would help him out by kicking him each time the baby kicks me. Spencer declined my kind gesture. So much for enjoying this pregnancy "together."

Only one complaint as of recently. I am still very tired. I was told I'd get tons of energy in my second trimester and so far, it's just not happening. I also don't really ever have an appetite now which is good for not gaining too much weight, but bad since I have to remember to eat. I've had pretty much only fruit and ramen noodles for days now. At least we are saving money- Ramen is only 17 cents a pack! At this rate, this kid might actually have a college fund!
Another weird thing occurred when I tried to wash my hands this week. I leaned over the counter in the bathroom to wash my hands and my stomach touched the edge of the counter!! It was so weird! I've never had a belly that touched things like that. Plus, it's not fat and squishy it's actually pretty hard so it kinda hurt to run into the counter. I guess this is just the beginning.
Now that we know it's a boy, I have been doing some window shopping and a tiny bit of real shopping. Below is the first (and so far only) thing I have purchased for Baby Shell.

Baby's First Polo (Georgia Tech Game Day Ready!)
My Mom has also contributed to Baby Shell's Polo Addiction...I mean wardrobe... with the following:
Sooo cute. Now if only I can convince Spencer that our unborn child who won't actually walk for awhile really will NEEEED these....
I think since "Daddy" has some loafers, "Baby" will want some too. Obviously my new goal is to have the best dressed kid ever....even if I can't put him in pink ruffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment