Monday, March 16, 2009

Week 6_Spencer's Turn

Ok, so I know you all enjoy Teresa's posts, but what you are all saying to yourselves is "We want to hear from Spencer!" The letters and emails so far received requesting me to post have been overwhelming. Unfortunately, there isn't much for me to report. I haven't gained any weight or experienced mood swings, but I guess I am not supposed to. I did have some nausea the other day but I think that was from too much beer, not sympathy pregnancy symptoms. Sure, I am very excited about being a father, but it still seems so far away and the changes obviously aren't as real to me as they are Teresa. I guess I am going to need something more tangible, like an ultrasound picture or an expanding belly on Teresa for it to really hit me.

More than anything right now what I am feeling is pride. I am not so much proud that we are having a child, I knew we could do that. I am proud of how well Teresa is handling this. In just a few short weeks her life has been turned upside down. She has gone from "normal" one day to not being able to get out of bed the next. She handles each round of nausea with a smile and is still able to ask me how my day was (ok, if she is awake when I get home). How she does it, I don't know, I would already have put myself on 100% bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy. She really is amazing!!! But I guess I already knew that.....

1 comment:

  1. You two are the quite dedicated bloggers - I am impressed with how many posts there already are! This means that I expect no less than 100 pictures posted w/in the baby's first hour of life :-)

    Glad to hear that Teresa has found a nausea cure. I've never heard of "sea bands," but if they have any relation to "as seen on TV" products, then I'm sure that they are winners.

    ReplyDelete