Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 6...

Ugh...I am beginning to think that I am the first woman ever to be pregnant. If any other woman in the world had ever experienced the nausea, fatigue, and overall awfulness that I feel now, I'm sure that someone would have told me. But no, I was not warned of this total body pukey feeling I have had for the last 3 days. In fact, I'm currently considering the positives of having an only child. My 15 minute ride to work is totally consumed by trying to stay in the far right hand lane in order to pull over if I need to. I almost missed my exit this morning because I was focusing on finding convenient spots to pull over. UGH!

On a better note, I officially told my dinner club that Spencer and I are expecting a baby. I made it all the way through dessert before Cristina said, "Hey Teresa, any baby news?" I tried to not answer, but eventually just shouted, "We're pregnant!" My friends were incredibly supportive and listened to my body ache complaints. They all gave me hugs and really made me feel like this child would have 5 additional aunts! I also had to call Suzannah who couldn't make dinner club.

Last night I went to bed at 7pm and woke up this morning a bit after 6am. The first thing my boss, Jeff, said to me this morning was "You look tired. Are you okay?" I almost laughed because I'd slept so much! Oddly enough though, I was still sooo tired. I wanted a nap so badly even after 11 hours of sleep. So, at lunch, instead of working out, I took a nap on our company's couch. The HR woman looked in on me, but I just told her I'd had a late night. Oh if she only knew how EARLY my night had actually been. I swear, this baby likes to sleep and eat bad foods. I craved a Chickfila biscuit this morning and I usually don't even eat these when they're given away! But it did the trick. Nausea was gone...for almost an hour. At least I've heard that this terrible feeling goes away at 12 weeks. It's just going to be a looong 5 1/2 weeks to go!

Oh, and I love my sweet husband. He went out and got dinner for me tonight while I dozed on the couch (yes, it was only 6pm.). Hooray for being in our 7th week (but technically Week 6 because we've finished 6 weeks)!


No comments:

Post a Comment