Welcome to Week 8. Actually, we've finished 8 weeks so I guess we are in our 9th week. But this has been such an exciting week so far! On Tuesday, we went to the OBGYN and yes, Spencer came too. We had our first ultrasound and saw the baby and the very strong heartbeat! It was such a great moment to share with Spencer and I think it made this whole situation very REAL to both of us. The doctor said I looked perfect inside (which doesn't help the fact that I feel like a look like a huge blob on the outside) and the baby is very healthy and growing at the right pace. November 3rd was confirmed as our due date, but we were warned that we could be a week late since it's our first pregnancy. The doctor approved me to run in the ING Half Marathon this Sunday, but said that I have to slow my pace. She also asked that Spencer run with me and make sure that I can complete a full sentence at all times. Spencer is just hoping that after 13.1 miles he can still complete a full sentence! On a bad note though, the doctor said I could NOT run in the July 4th Peachtree Road Race nor could I run in the October Half Marathon. Boo! But I've been exercising still about 4 or 5 days a week, I just can't run as fast or as long.
Also this week, we gave our parents permission to tell their friends. Apparently, my mom believes she is friends with all of Beaufort because that is who she told- EVERYONE! Just 3 hours after I gave my mom permission to tell I text messaged some of my Beaufort friends and they already knew! I'm assuming there will be a full size add in the Beaufort Gazette sometime this week....maybe the cover of the Sunday edition. Oh well, I'm proud she kept the secret for the last 3 weeks (or at least she says she did).
On Tuesday night we went to Tyrone, Ga to celebrate Spencer's father's birthday! We gave him the ultrasound pictures and he slipped them into the pile of birthday cards and passed them around the table. From the end of the table I heard "Are you pregnant??" I really think Kay and Jerrel had a good time finally able to talk to their friends about it. The birthday party was fun and it was good to see our family and friends.
And so now, after letting our parents talk about it and after hearing the heartbeat, I think Spencer and I can finally believe this is really happening. Hooray for being pregnant!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment