One more doctor's appointment down! This week we learned that our precious baby boy still has a small calcium deposit in his heart. The doctor said not to worry because the rest of the signs of Downs Syndrome were negative. She said our baby looks healthy. He has some hair and little, chubby cheeks! It was great to see him again. Speaking of seeing him, Spencer and I can now see him roll throughout my stomach. It's a bit uncomfortable for me, but it is kinda neat to see my stomach roll in awkward positions. It's like a little alien inside of me trying to come out!
Otherwise this week wasn't too bad. The heartburn has increased so much that I might be taking Pepcid daily now to prevent it. I'm also exhausted all of the time again.
This weekend Spencer and I made great headway in the nursery again. Spencer is making fun of me because everything that I want to buy, I try to make first. Sometimes I can make exactly what I want (like a mirror or a growth chart or a toy chest) and sometimes I can't (like the mobile that looked ridiculous). Spencer asked me today how I was planning on making the breast pump! HA! We also talked our way through the day of the delivery as best we can, basically just reminding ourselves that as much as we try to plan, this kid is going to come and do whatever he pleases!
On another note, here are a few of my favorite things that I have had said to me recently. Apparently people believe that pregnant women do not have feelings! Boy are they wrong!
1. Man to me: "Wow, so can I assume you are having twins or is it triplets?"
Me to him: "haha, no just one in here."
Me to me: "Did he really just say that? My doctor said my weight gain is perfect! Am I really that big? What am I going to look like at 40 weeks then??? Well there goes my self-esteem for today...."
2. Man to me: "So how much longer do you have?"
Me to man: "About 8 more weeks."
Man to me: "Really? That long? I have three kids and you look like you're going to pop any minute now."
Me to man: "Thanks." and I rolled my eyes.
Me to me: "I bet he's divorced. No woman would put up with that crap and I'm not as big as a lot of women."
3. Checkout cashier to me: "So how much weight have you gained so far?"
Me to cashier: "Oh, only around 25 lbs."
Cashier to me: "Hmm...I guess that's okay then. You're just big."
Me to me: "When did graduating from medical school become a requirement to work at a checkout line??"
4. Random woman to me: "So how much longer do you have?"
Me to random woman: "About 8 weeks."
Random woman to me: "Oh wow, you still have a long time to go. You're going to be HUGE by then!"
Me to random woman: "ummm..that makes me feel so much better. Thanks."
5. Me to man: "Sorry, I'm a bit tired today."
Man to me: "You shouldn't be. I'm sure you're milking this pregnancy thing. I bet you don't do anything at home anymore."
Me to man: "Actually, I still do a lot of the regular cleaning and laundry. I just don't help with the lawn anymore."
Man to me: "Oh my wife is pregnant so I don't really believe that!"
Me to me: "Maybe your wife would help more if you weren't a jerk!"
So those are my top 5 recent comments I've been fortunate enough to put up with. Spencer is just pleased I have not been arrested for assaulting any of the above men and women. Honestly, I think I've been so stunned by the comments that I haven't reacted as I would have liked to. Oh well, only 8 more weeks to go and possibly even less! (Definitely not more than 8 weeks as I'm sure this kid doesn't want Mommy to be angry when he finally arrives!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment