Monday, September 14, 2009

Come on you guys, HUNKER DOWN!

There are a couple very important things going on in Teresa and my lives these days. One, college football season is finally here again! Two, we have less than two months to go before Baby Shell arrives. Unfortunately, the discomfort for Teresa is only growing and I have to take on the roll of Chief Motivator. It is a difficult job given all the things Teresa is going through with the changes in her body and the constant aches and pains. I really don't know how she does it. But in an effort to "raise my game", one motivational tactic I have taken on is approaching these last few weeks as I feel the legendary "Voice of the Dawgs" Larry Munson would do. Here is an example of how this motivational tactic plays out, enjoy!

Teresa: Wow, I can't believe we still have 8 weeks.

Me: 8 weeks! 8 long weeks till glory! Here we are with our backs to the end zone, those other guys are trying to KNOCK US OUT OF EVERYTHING! We have been up and down the field all night and are ahead of these guys by 5 points. Come on Teresa, lets do this. HUNKER DOWN!

Teresa: Ow, he just kicked me pretty hard.

Me: Hand off to Bo Jackson...he's got a block...he takes it for five yards right down our throat! We had him in the backfield and he just KEPT GOING! I think the clock is moving backwards now. Auburn, trying to BREAK OUR HEARTS! I know I am asking a lot Teresa, but HUNKER DOWN!

Teresa: Hey there kid, watch it. He is way up here by my lungs and it is a little hard to catch my breath.

Me: Auburn, on our 21 now. Our defense is GASSED, hands on hips, DEFEAT is trying to climb over the Hedges in Sanford Stadium and get to our guys. They pitch it to that big back again and we missed him! Two big plays and he was down to our 12 yard line before we caught him. TIME OUT AUBURN! Three weeks left to EVERYTHING! I promise I won't ask you again Teresa, but HUNKER DOWN ONE MORE TIME!

Teresa: I can't believe this kid can kick so much and so hard. He is just pummeling me. Cut it out kid.

Me: There's the snap...he rolls out...pressure coming....ball is in the air....A MAN OPEN IN THE END ZONE....ITS ANYBODYS BALL....

Teresa: Spencer, are you listening to those old Larry Munson replays again?

Me: THEY BROKE IT UP! THEY BROKE IT UP! THEY BROKE IT UP! Auburn had a man WIDE OPEN and WE BROKE IT UP! Baby Shell came in and got a hand on it and knocked it down!

Teresa: Ok, one too many beers for you tonight sweetie.

Me: Now here comes a doctor running across the field! And the students are counting it down...3....2....1....LOOK AT THE PAMPERS FALLING FROM THE SKY! LOOK AT THE PAMPERS FALLING FROM THE SKY!


I love football...oh, and of course my wonderful Teresa who won the game for us!!! Uh, I mean who is carrying our child!








No comments:

Post a Comment