Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 19_Hooray!

Hooray for almost being half-way! We are in our 20th week now! When we got pregnant all I could imagine is the beautiful, cheery look that Hollywood shows us in movies. You the the image, the cute little basketball belly with the perfectly fitted wardrobe and perfect hair and makeup and that stereotypical pregnancy "glow"! Well I'm half way done and I look nothing even close to that. I have a tiny baby bump, clothes that are either too big or too small, hair that would look better if I had the energy to do it, and the more likely pregnancy look -fatigue! I'm still sleeping a ton- 15 hours last Sunday-but I think working a lot is also a contributing factor.

This weekend we had another family run! Spencer, Baby, and I went for a 3 mile run together. I'm so glad we can still do this even if we do run a bit slower now. Hopefully Baby Boy will enjoy running like we do!

Another new thing is that I have absolutely have no appetite. Each morning I make myself eat a breakfast to start the day off on a good note. Then around lunch time I usually buy a bagel. For dinner I either drink some V8 juice or a smoothie (with some candy thrown in throughout the day). I've actually lost a little weight, but I think I have enough fat on my body that the baby will be fine.
Today I purchased the fabric for the crib bedding. I found someone online who sews crib bedding and has agreed to help create my bedding. I am using a light blue quilted fabric and a solid navy blue fabric and I found this AMAZINGLY PREPPY RALPH LAUREN fabric!!! It's called Yacht Club which I think is a good sign considering that is where I grew up! I know that as our son grows there is a small chance that he does not become a preppy dresser so I'm taking charge while I can! Luckily Spencer has been so busy planning our Babymoon Vacation that he doesn't really care what the bedding looks like.


This is the fabric I'm using. I promise it looks good in person- if you like the yacht club prep look!

Spencer has also been busy doing more yard work. I secretly think he is creating the perfect outdoor play place for our son to throw or kick a ball around with him. He's going to be such an amazing father. He already talks to our son/my belly every night so that our son will recognize his voice. Spencer also does more things around the house when I'm too tired or already asleep at 6pm. He's so good to me and I can't thank God enough for bringing him into my life! I know our little boy is going to be just as much a blessing to our lives and I'm so glad that Spencer gets to be a father!

No comments:

Post a Comment