Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week12_Sorry we forgot Week11

Hooray for vocal chords! That's what I've been busy forming recently...or at least the kid inside of me has been! These will be necessary to wake me up every night, multiple times a night and give me just enough motivation to nudge Spencer and say "Hey-go get your baby!" Or at least that's my current plan.

So these past two weeks have been much better than the 10 before it. The nausea is just about gone, but the tiredness is not. I can handle sleeping though.-I've always been good at that. I don't quite look pregnant in my clothes yet, but I can tell when I'm getting dressed that I have a permanent belly. It's like when you eat too much and you have a little bloated tummy except that usually I can just suck in and it goes away. Now I can suck in and nothing happens. Most of my clothes do not fit the same way they used to- if at all. Some of my pants I can still wear and some I just unbutton the first button. I've started to shop for clothing again and I'm particularly looking for loose fitting, cotton jersey dresses (email me if you've got suggestions) because they are comfortable. The dress I've found to be most comfortable is a solid brown, very boring, empire waist dress from a top designer boutique called "Wal-Mart." You may not have heard of this fabulous boutique, but there is probably one close to you. My mother about fell over dead when I told her my new wardrobe was from the same place we buy meat and eggs. Not that she wasn't pleased in my thriftiness, she was just surprised by it. My standards have changed and comfort has moved up in the priority list!

This weekend Spencer, Spencer's dad, and 2 guys from south of the border laid sod in our back yard and side yards. I think it's Spencer's way of "nesting" by creating a safe, green place for our kid to play. He said he was glad the mud and dirt was gone and I have to say- it really looks amaaaaaazing! I know I should have helped, but come on- does a pregnant woman need to be laying sod in 90 degree heat? I voted no. I'm sure it's written somewhere in one of these books we have. If I can't go water skiing this summer, it certainly can't be safe for me to do manual labor. Luckily Spencer felt the same way. He said he would lay sod if I would just concentrate on making the large intestine. DEAL!

This Tuesday we have our next appointment. This is a 3 and a half hour appointment. We'll find out a whole bunch of stuff including the chances of our baby having down syndrome and spina difida (no I don't actually know what that is, but it doesn't sound good.) If the chances are high, we will get to read more books and will consider it just as much of a blessing as any child.

We'll keep you updated on the baby's status after Tuesday. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment