
Happy Happy Easter and Hooray for Jesus Rising! Hooray also for being in our 3rd month already!
What a wonderful Easter we have had! We went to Sharpsburg to spend Easter with Spencer's family and it was very relaxing and enjoyable. The Easter bunny was very good to Spencer and I, but what a wonderful surprise-the Easter bunny thought of Baby Shell too! Baby Shell received 2 soft pajamas that are elastic at the bottom so his/her diaper can easily be changed. So genius! Baby Shell also received a gorgeous white baby blanket embroidered with two bunnies and monogrammed with an S. Sooo lovely and perfect! He/She also received his/her first stuffed animals- a soft white rabbit and a small chick in an egg! Baby Shell is going to be quite a blessed little child with all of this love!
Last weekend we celebrated Easter with Momma Drew and again, the Easter bunny visited the Drew home. The Drew Easter bunny brought Baby Shell a big cloth barn with 5 barnyard animals hiding inside. Each animal makes a sound. Baby Shell also received a large green frog puppet! Spencer has tried it out just to make sure it works and yes, it ribbits and ribbits and ribbits...not to the amusement of our dogs! We also now have our first baby books! (I'm beginning to think that the Drew Easter bunny is a kindergarten teacher!)
This week was the 11th week of pregnancy and I'll admit I'm feeling better. Week 6 I was sick all day long and now it has settled down quite a bit. I tend to get the sick feeling only in the evenings now and I'm hoping this too will go away.
But I have learned a few things about this whole baby-making/incubating experience:
1. Peeing all of the time is very annoying and I have actually said the words, "I wish I had a catheter."
2. I will go to the bathroom in many more places than I ever thought I would. My cleanliness standards have been adjusted.
3. When Baby Shell tells me to get a McDonald's cheeseburger, he/she means RIGHT NOW!
4. I may be able to run a half marathon without trouble, but there are times now that I walk up one flight of stairs and start breathing hard. I'm still running 4-5 days a week, but randomly I get out of breath just standing up!
5. Back pain at age 26? Oh come on!!
6. I thought I used to be a good sleeper- I had no idea how quickly I could fall asleep until I got pregnant. 30 seconds is all it takes I swear!
7. Before being pregnant if I ate too much I could suck in my stomach and still look kinda thin. Now I can suck in all I want and this little pouch DOES NOT GO AWAY!
8. It feels very good to unbutton the button on your pants before sitting down. VERY GOOD.
So that is my list of things I've learned so far. Happy Easter and for those of you wanting something funnier to read, I'll ask Spencer to blog again soon. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment