Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 25_Still too long to go...

Well this week sure has been topsy-turvy! I haven't been able to keep food down very much or it just upsets my stomach. I feel true exhaustion where my entire body aches. I even had a good cry and I'm not sure why other than pure exhaustion. Plus I had tons to do this week!

25 Weeks and 3 days pregnant!

Last weekend we went to Beaufort Waterfestival and saw tons of people we haven't seen in awhile. Spencer loved the bands and beer and I loved the bands and friends. Our unborn child loved all of the patting and tummy rubs. And for the record, if I know you or you know my family or my best friend's cousin once removed then I certainly don't mind if you'd like to feel my rock hard abs (or rock hard uterus). I still think it's cool too. However, if I don't know you, please don't invade my personal space. I don't go around rubbing your belly so why do you feel like it's okay to rub mine. Even with a child inside, it is still my belly. Plus, I've been extremely irritable recently so there's a good chance I will reach out and rub your stomach right back!

On other updates, I am still completely exhausted and could sleep for 24 hours a day. So much for that second trimester energy boost! The doctor said my weight is just fine though and the baby is growing steadily. Sadly, she said for the last three months of pregnancy I should try to cut out all candy and sugar and limit my carbs because I'm too small to have a 10lb baby. These instructions really make me question whether or not she's ever worked with pregnant women because asking a pregnant woman to give up all sugar and candy is like asking my husband to give up beer. It's laughable! But I'm giving it a go...for the love of this little boy...and he'd better be worth it!

And today my amazing in-laws came into town to help us with the nursery. Before they arrived our nursery looked like a plain bedroom with too much furniture. Now though, it is my new favorite room in the house! It still has a ways to go, but it really is beginning to feel cozy and nursery-like. The men painted the room "bleached denim blue" and Mrs. Kay and I shopped and planned. As an analytical engineering type, my creative design bone is pretty small. Mrs. Kay and Mr. Jerrel have the best ideas and now we will have a perfect nursery to welcome our son home! Below are the basic pictures, but it's going to look even better when it's finished! These pictures really don't do it justice. It's warm and cozy (and not just because Spencer refuses to turn the air on upstairs!).

Also, the custom crib bedding that we ordered will be here this week. I'll post pictures asap because I'm so excited for the "yacht club" plaid!
And so, this week has really been a very blessed week with such wonderful family around, both in Beaufort last weekend and in Smyrna this weekend. We thank God at night for these gifts and the gift of our baby boy. (I just wish I could stay awake to enjoy them more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment