We were relaxing on the couch talking about how I still haven't felt the baby kick. As if on cue, Teresa felt him rearranging the furniture or something in his man cave. So, I put my ear to her stomach and suddenly IT HAPPENED.....Teresa smacked her stomach making me think I felt something. Real funny. So, like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football I put my ear back to the grindstone so to speak. After listening to the kid slosh around for a few minutes IT HAPPENED....Sally jumped on the couch completely ruining my concentration. So, one more shot at this. Ear back to belly I had a long talk with the kid about how it was going to be my way or the highway for the next 18 years and he needed to give me a sign that he understood and then IT HAPPENED...for real this time. A full fledged kick! Ok, so now my kid has officially kicked me in the head. Probably, not the last time that will happen but a great moment for me. Teresa tells me she gets kicked a lot and that getting kicked looses its charm after the 133rd time but she is just a spoil sport.
In other news, we had baby birthing class on Saturday. Teresa says that apparently a lot of people have done it wrong so now they make us go to class. We didn't learn much, other than ugly people like to reproduce (based on the other people in class, I think one couple were brother and sister.) I also found it quite strange that one couple there is having their second child. Seriously, did they forget how it works? Maybe they screwed it up really badly the first time? I don't plan to screw this up myself. I have completely mastered my breathing excercises and am already packing my "hospital kit"....clothes, camera, Xbox.......


No comments:
Post a Comment